• Meetings every day at 3pm EST, Sundays and Wednesdays at 7pm EST; Tuesday at 10pm EST
• Dial In #: 1-712-775-7031
• To get the access code, please call the MA Women in Recovery Hotline at 443-347-3934, 15 or more minutes before the meeting starts.
1. Review WIR Chairperson Guidelines prior to chairing meeting
2. Call into the conference 5 minutes early
3. Enter meeting access code followed by #sign
4. You will then be asked to hit * if you are the host
5. Enter the host pin number followed by the # sign
Sunday 7pm Step Study Sessions
Week 1 – "Life with Hope"
Week 2 – "Life with Hope Workbook"
Week 3 -- Traditions
Week 4 – "A Woman’s Way Through the Twelve Steps"
Week 5 – Open topic, review of step
Tuesday 10pm – Open topic
Week 1 - Speaker meeting
Weeks 2, 3 and 5 - Open topic
Week 4 - Milestone celebrations
Every Day 3pm - Topic is the reading of "Just For Today "(NA) meditation.
- 2nd Monday of the month is milestone celebration followed by JFT reading
Say: Hello everyone. My name is ______________________ and I am powerless over mariijuana (or introduce yourself in a manner that speaks your truth).
Welcome to the Women in Recovery phone meeting of Marijuana Anonymous.
We meet in this teleconference every day at 3pm, Sundays and Wednesdays at 7pm, and Tuesdays at 10pm Eastern .
We don’t all say, “Hi,” after each introduction or thank each person who shares during these phone meetings to better control the background noise level.
If you would like to join me in the Serenity Prayer, please un-mute your phone now.
We start with God,
and that is the higher power of your own understanding…
Grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change…
The courage to change the things I can…
And the wisdom to know the difference.
Please mute your phone now, by pressing *6 and/or your local mute button.
If you would like to be of service, we need a volunteer to read the The 12 Steps (How It Works). A second person is welcome to read the The 12 Questions or The 12 Traditions. Please prepare those materials now, and I’ll ask for you in a few moments. (Note: all of the above can be found at ma-phone.org on Readings & Resources tab under Meeting Readings.)
Marijuana Anonymous is a fellowship of people who share our experience, strength, and hope with each other that we may solve our common problem and help others to recover from marijuana addiction.
The only requirement for membership is a desire to stop using marijuana. There are no dues or fees for membership. We are self-supporting through our own contributions. MA is not affiliated with any religious or secular institution or organization and has no opinion on any outside controversies or causes. Our primary purpose is to stay free of marijuana and to help the marijuana addict who still suffers achieve the same freedom.
Who is a marijuana addict?
We who are marijuana addicts know the answer to this question. Marijuana controls our lives. We lose interest in all else; our dreams go up in smoke. Ours is a progressive illness often leading us to addictions to other drugs, including alcohol. Our lives, our thinking and our desires center around marijuana: scoring it, dealing it, and finding ways to stay high.
As stated in our Third Tradition, the only requirement for membership in MA is a desire to stop using marijuana. This is to adhere to the “singleness of purpose” concept, but many of us have found that the only way we can keep our sobriety is to abstain from all mind and mood altering chemicals.
Marijuana Anonymous uses the basic 12 steps of recovery founded by Alcoholics Anonymous, because it has been proven to work!
(Chairperson: Ask someone to read the 12 Steps, then ask if a second reader wants to read 12 Questions or 12 Traditions.
*** 12 Traditions is mandatory reading. Please read if not done by volunteer reader. ***)
Please thank the person who read by name.
Tradition Two states: For our group purpose, there is but one ultimate authority – a loving God as is expressed in our group conscience. To maintain the serenity of the meeting, here are some guidelines:
• When you share, please tell us your first name. If you’re comfortable, you may include your location and optionally, your clean time. This helps to facilitate connection and outreach.
• We do not engage in cross-talk, which we define as interrupting another person, mentioning their name, or referring to their share. I will follow this guideline as well. This provides a safe environment for all.
• This is a closed meeting for women only. If you are using a speaker-phone, please be mindful of your surroundings. Only women should be listening in on our meetings.
• You can use the *2 feature anytime during the meeting for a current participant count.
• We ask that your shares be limited to four minutes or less. (Optional: The chairperson can ask for a volunteer to be timekeeper.) You will get a notice when you have about one minute to complete your comments. No need to stop abruptly, just wind down your comments during the next minute. Please acknowledge the signal.
(If share exceeds 4-minutes please offer a gentle reminder at 4.5 minutes)
Before we begin sharing, let’s all introduce ourselves, starting with our newcomers. Welcome newcomers. We’re glad you are here. Tell us your first name, and if you like, your location and day count, so we can welcome you.
(Pause at least 5-10 seconds…….. Greet any newcomer who speaks up)
Who else is on the call today? I’m _____________ from __________________.
(Pause and allow members to identify themselves)
A very warm welcome to all. It is suggested that you attend at least six meetings so you have time to identify with the speakers, begin to absorb the MA concepts, and learn more about the program.
Please explore the websites at ma-phone.org and marijuana–anonymous.org. There will be a phone number exchange at the end of the meeting so you can make outreach calls. I will be staying on the line after the meeting to respond to questions and further welcome newcomers. (Note to chair: if you cannot stay after the meeting to be a newcomer greeter then ask for a volunteer with 30 days or more clean time to stay for fellowship).
Read on SUNDAY EVENING ONLY:
We have but one request before you begin our step study. Please do this work with the guidance of a sponsor or spiritual advisor. The same as recovery, this work is not intended to be done alone. Success depends upon us sharing the process (LWH workbook, pg. 1, May 2008).
The topic for today/tonight is (3pm meeting: read the "Just for Today" meditation from jftna.org) _________________. You are also welcome to share anything related to your recovery today.
Who would like to begin sharing?
If there is excessive background noise: between shares, announce you are going to mute the line. Use *5 until you hear, “participants are muted and they can UNmute themselves.”
• After shares, thank speaker by name, and then invite others to share.
• Do not cross talk by commenting on people’s shares.
• Reiterate the meeting focus if needed and remind participants they can share on anything related to their recovery between every few shares.
3pm meetings: When/if there are long pauses in sharing, please RE-READ the JFTNA.org reading or other MA approved literature. Also, 2nd shares may be invited if no one sharing towards end of meeting.
ALL meetings: During long pauses in shares, chairperson or another person can read from “Life with Hope”, “Life with Hope Workbook” or MA pamphlets, preferably related to topic.
At about 50 minutes past the hour:
That’s all the time we have for sharing. Stick around to claim your seat after the 7th tradition announcement.
Our seventh tradition states that MA has no dues or fees. We are self-supporting through our own contributions. We do have expenses for the dissemination of MA literature, the maintenance of our website, and costs incurred by MA World Services. Contributions can be made to MA World Services via the seventh tradition PayPal link on the website marijuana-anonymous.org which also includes a mailing address for your convenience. Please designate your contribution as PHONE LINES in the memo.
[If someone asks for the address, they can also mail a contribution to:
MA World Services
340 S. Lemon Ave. # 9420
Walnut, CA 91789 USA]
Please give what you can, but if you can give nothing for now: KEEP COMING BACK!!
It's now time to claim seats. If there is anyone who has not shared that would like to claim their seat, please go ahead and do that now by stating your name. This helps us all know that we are not alone in our recovery process.
• The WIR Group Conscience meeting is held on the first Wednesday of the month following the speaker meeting if there are agenda items. There will be a meeting February 5. The position of Chairperson Coordinator is open. If you have an agenda item or are willing to serve, please email: email@example.com.
• When you have 60 days free from marijuana and all its derivatives including CBD and THC as well as 30 days of attending MA phone meetings, please consider doing service by chairing a meeting. Current openings are every Friday and Sunday at 3pm Eastern. Send email to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
• Women in Recovery has “speaker night” on the first Wednesday of the month and Step Study meetings every Sunday. These meetings are at 7 pm Eastern time.
• There are other Marijuana Anonymous phone meetings daily at 7am, 10am, noon, and 8pm, and Friday at 10pm, Eastern time. Check ma-phone.org and/or marijuana-anonymous.org for schedules and additional meeting times and phone numbers.
• If you’re looking for a sponsor, or are willing to be a sponsor, please ask the chairperson for more info during fellowship.
• Additional announcements can be found on ma-phone.org under Readings & Resources: MAWPM Announcements.
• Are there any other MA related announcements?
In closing, the opinions expressed here today are strictly those of the individuals who gave them. The things you have heard here are spoken in confidence and should be treated as confidential. We do not take outside the meeting who we hear inside the meeting. Talk with each other, reason things out, but let there be no gossip or criticism of one another; only Love, Understanding and Fellowship.
I’d like to thank everyone for participating in our meeting, especially those who provided service and people who shared. (optionally by name).
(Leaving out the names of people will gain back time if the meeting is running late.)
If anyone has any questions that went unanswered, or if you want to share more, please introduce yourself after the meeting.
If you would like to join me in the Serenity Prayer, please un-mute your phone and we’ll all say it together. OPTIONAL PRAYER (if you choose) can be found at ma-phone.org under Readings & Resources: Prayers.
(Optionally, you can ask for a moment of silence before the serenity prayer.)
Grant us the serenity
To accept the things we cannot change,
The courage to change the things we can,
And the wisdom to know the difference.
“Keep coming back. It works if you work it, and you’re worth it.” (optional)
This is the conclusion of the formal meeting. We will now move forward with phone number exchanges. Is there anyone who would like to give out their number?? (Optional: chairperson can start phone number sharing by giving out their own phone number.)
Thank each person that gives their phone number. When finished with phone number exchange:
Are there any questions?
Thanks again and now you’re welcome to enjoy fellowship.
The email address for chairperson interest, sharing story on speaker night and agenda items is email@example.com.
If someone wants info about sponsorship they can send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org and put in the subject line: Remote Sponsor request. It’s helpful to identify your gender, location/timezone and preferred gender of the sponsor you’re requesting or that you are willing to sponsor.
Note: there is no guarantee that sponsors are available through this program. In fact, we really need more volunteers to BE sponsors.
Copyright © 2020 Marijuana Anonymous World Phone Meetings - All Rights Reserved.